There’s no better time to think about making a fresh start than in the New Year. Moving to a new office has many benefits for both your business and your employees, and a change of address can reinvigorate a business in a number of ways.
Boost Staff Morale Moving to an office that’s bigger, better and more accessible for your employees will make them feel valued and see that their needs have been considered. This is particularly likely to be the case if you communicate collaboratively with your staff and include them in the planning of the move, making them feel part of the process.
Improved Collaboration and Communication A new office is a chance to evaluate how your team members collaborate and communicate with each other. If you design your office layout well, you can enhance the team’s interaction, and improve the productivity and morale of your staff.
Enhanced Brand Perception Your office contributes to the way in which others perceive your business. At LEO, we understand the importance of the location and style of the building that you choose to house your business in; our properties exist within prime areas of London including, Mayfair, Belgravia, Knightsbridge and The City. So if your brand identity isn’t in line with your office location or building, or even if your business has now evolved and you feel it’s time for an overhaul, a new office could be just the boost that your brand needs.
Upgrade to the Latest Technology There’s no better time to upgrade your staff’s technology than during an office move. At LEO, we ensure that our clients are provided with the most efficient Technology products on the market. It’s far easier to switch to a new telephone system before you move than in situ, and treating your staff to new tech with little disruption to production is positive for the entire business.
Access a Better Skill Pool Moving to access a better labour or skill pool will ensure that your business remains at the forefront of innovation and at the top of your competition. You will find this particularly useful if you’re a dynamic business and only want the best of the best to work for you.
How to Ensure it Goes Smoothly
- Start planning at least six months ahead of time. Advance planning will give you plenty of opportunity to consult your staff, as well as time to create a contingency plan should something goes awry.
- Create your office floor plan in advance, or at least make sure everyone involved in the move is aware of it. This will mean that everything will end up in the right place, and that all the necessary equipment and desks will fit.
- Create an ‘Office Moving Guide’ for all employees, so that everyone is aware of their role. Assign certain employees specific responsibilities to make the move go smoothly.
- Update your branding before the move to make sure that any branded collateral is correct and that you aren’t advertising the wrong contact details.
- Plan for downtime; an inevitable part of an office move. Time will be lost to unavoidable tasks and the level of productivity will reduce around the move date itself.
- Bring in extra help during the moving period, account for a lower production schedule, and even plan in overtime for staff to clear any backlog.
Whether you’re looking for a new office to boost sales or to accommodate your growing staff, there’s no better time to start planning than now.